Friday, July 23, 2010

Looking Back

I have been looking back on all my posts tagged FRANCE.  Some of them were about experiences I wanted to have or opinions I thought in the first few weeks of being here. Today is the last day for our journal entries before we hand them in to our professors and I thought a reflection post would be most appropriate.

I still have one more week in France left and I want to make the most of it. Over the past few months I've felt much frustration as equally as euphoria. I've learned that French people don't spice their food very much at all and though they can be pretty stoic and intimidating at first, the French are great!

I wanted to write a reflection for this last post, but I realize now that I won't feel the full effect of this experience until later whether later be stuck in EL hating the midwestern winter and thinking back to this wonderful summer or in middle age when my own children will be of the age when they start exploring the world and meeting all different kinds of people just as I am now.

Like I've said in a previous post I'd like to come back to France because I have yet to feel satisfied with both my competency in French and the number of my experiences here. I know of some people doing a program in France in which they will recieve a small stipend to work with adolescents here in French schools for nine months. I would like to try to get into that program and so maybe next year I will be writing new blogs posts again from France. til then salut! à bientot!!!

2 comments:

CYW said...

Or you can keep writing this blog after you've left France!

melonontwotendrils said...

I will. This was just a wrap up for my school posts so my profs had like a good "final" entry to the trip! :)