Monday, August 23, 2010

Let the world change you and you can change the world



This is not a story of incredible heroism, or merely the narrative of a cynic; at least I do not mean it to be. It is a glimpse of two lives that ran parallel for a time, with similar hopes and convergent dreams.



Oh man, I love this quote. I know a lot of people give Che flack for being the poster boy for American middle-class radical wannabes, but I really admire what he tried to accomplish, the egalitarian principles he fought for. His trip across South America is also something I can relate to. When you travel you're changed by the people you meet and the experiences you gather. Though to be sure Che saw a lot more poverty and suffering than I did on my trip. Seeing "The Motorcycle Diaries" not only made me want to learn Spanish, but also to explore a continent that I still don't know much about.

No comments: